What are Crew Socks?
Crew socks are short, thick everyday socks usually ribbed at the top of the ankles. They can be used in a way to warm legs. Crew socks are usually unisex. These are the short socks which go over your ankle. The height of these socks varies between 6 to 8 inches between the heels to the cuff’s top. You can wear the girl’s socks with fancy shoes as well as sneakers. The length of these socks is between the midcalves and anklets. You can wear them by scrunching or cuffing them.
Print your cat Face on beautiful Custom Face socks that Shows off your loved one everywhere you go. Comes in Several Colors of your choice.
Print your Dog Face on beautiful Custom Face socks that Shows off your loved one everywhere you go. Comes in Several Colors of your choice.
Crew socks is the most common length, but crew socks are far from average! This height falls in the middle of the calf and pairs well with any shoe. They’re very comfortable for day-to-day wear.
Varieties of Crew Socks!
Thinking of buying a pair of crew socks? This type of socks is available in a multitude of patterns, prints, colours, and lengths. The crew cut socks are ideal for backpacking and hiking activities. To choose the best socks you need to keep in mind the type of activity you are selecting it for.
This type of socks is available in an array of materials such as cotton, nylon, spandex, merino wool, silk etc. The 100% crew cotton socks absorb moisture, dry quickly, restrict bacterial growth, resist abrasion, boost blood circulation etc. and are preferred over the other sock fabrics.
Crew Socks styling tips!
- The right way to wear the striped socks is by making sure its hem is 2 to 3 inches above your ankle.
- You can pair your trendy pink socks with full length or midi skirt or wide-legged or cropped pants.
- Another way of teaming the mid-socks is with a vintage washed pair of jeans such as Levi 501s which have a straight-cut and short inseam.
- For adding to the fashion statement make sure your socks are of the same colour as that of your shoes such as ankle boots, booties or sneakers.
- Look quite the fashionista you are by pairing your stylish women’s socks from brands like Adidas or Nike with stilettos.
- Crank up your style with vibrant coloured women’s cotton socks. Colour blocking or print clashing is the way to go.
Print your Face on a beautiful Custom Face socks.
These Custom Face Socks are the perfect gift for any occasions Comes in Several Colors of your choice.
This Is Why I’m Single Socks by ModSock are the perfect gift for that socks lover in your life. These funny themed mens crew socks come in multiple color Options and fit Fits men’s shoe sizes 8 to 13.. Made of 65% cotton, 24% nylon, 8% polyester, 3% spandex for comfort and durability.
How to choose the fabric of your crew socks?
For choosing the right pair of crew socks, you need to keep in mind an array of factors such as the fabric, height, thickness, weight, and fit of the socks.
While choosing your socks, you need to keep in mind the material it is made of. These socks are available in an array of material such as merino wool, polyester nylon, silk, and spandex.
- Merino Wool:
One of the best socks fabrics is the merino It is itch-free, cushiony, highly durable, soft, resists odour as well as shrinking. It is the first choice of socks material preferred by the backpackers, hikers, and athletes for its ability to evaporate moisture quickly.
Another good socks material is polyester. It has the ability to dry up quickly and is durable, warm and comfortable.
Nylon is a synthetic material which is also a good option as a socks It is capable of quickly drying and is durable.
Silk is lightweight, comfortable and is a ‘natural insulator’. It is however not as durable as the other materials. It is used as sock liners for its property of quickly drying up.
The cotton socks are the most comfortable to be worn for any activities such as hiking, weight training, exercising, walking etc. You can try Under Armour socks since it offers the right grip required for weight training exercises. Women’s cotton crew socks are equipped with shaft and ribbed-cuff for providing a great
Many of the socks have a small spandex percentage in it. This material helps to keep the socks in shape and minimize wrinkling and bunching.
Black Nasty Rosie Socks by ModSock are the perfect gift for that socks lover in your life. These funny themed women’s crew socks come in multiple color Options and fit Fits women’s shoe sizes 6 to 10.. Made of 65% cotton, 24% nylon, 8% polyester, 3% spandex for comfort and durability.
Trout Fishing Socks are the perfect gift for that socks lover in your life. These sports-themed women’s crew socks come in multiple color Options and fit Fits women’s shoe sizes 6 to 10.. Made of 65% cotton, 24% nylon, 8% polyester, 3% spandex for comfort and durability.
All you need to know about crew socks!
- If you are planning to go hiking, these socks are the best.
- These socks basically reach a couple of inches over the ankle bones and protect you against abrasion from the boots with ‘high cuffs’.
- You can even wear your socks with shoes or low-cut boots for added coverage to give you warmth.
Thickness or Weight:
- These are available in an array of a thickness such as light, medium or heavy cushioning.
- More the content of the wool, higher is the effect of cushioning of the crew socks.
- In winter you can choose socks with medium or heavy cushioning unless you are running.
- For hiking for miles, you need to wear the ‘medium cushioning’ socks.
- It is essential to choose the right fit of the socks.
- The pair of red crew socks you choose must snugly fit without permitting too much material to wrinkle, fold and result in friction.
- Ensure the heel of your fit snugly on your heel and the arch area all around the arch.
- Make sure the seams are flat and do not pinch or rub any part of the foot.
- Make sure to choose a pair of socks with cushioning loops to offer you the right amount of cushioning and protection from your footwear especially hard hiking boots.
- You must even check out your toe seams.
- If they are not flat, they can produce blisters from rubbing and irritation.
Different types of crew socks and their uses!
These socks are available in an array of designs, lengths, patterns, and colours.
Compression Crew Socks:
- The compression crew length socks are ideal for the athletes.
- They offer protection against blister formation and allay foot fatigue.
- These are the perfect pair of socks to wear with work boots.
- The compression crew socks are made of CoolMax polyester, nylon and lycra spandex.
- The CoolMax polyester material helps to keep your feet dry and lower the growth of bacteria.
Diabetic Crew Socks:
- These socks are a special type of men’s crew socks that have seamless toe and cushioned sole.
- These socks are crafted from lycra spandex, nylon and polyester materials.
- They help in protecting the feet from rubbing.
Quarter Crew Socks:
- These socks reach over the shoreline and cover the entire shoe.
- Various brands offer this type of crew socks such as Toesox, Wigwam, Drymax, Stance crew socks etc.
- The women’s crew socks of quarter length are available in a plethora of features such as heavy cushioning, extra-padding etc.
With a good idea of the materials, designs, patterns and features crew socks it would be easier for you to choose the right one.
These are the best crew socks one should buy in 2020.